RELAXED & CHIC | STATEMENT SHIRTS FOR YOUR EVERYDAY
Every wardrobe needs a few shirt essentials. The kind that makes for a comfy throw on, one that makes you look sharp, a party shirt, a boyfriend shirt and one that is dressy enough for weddings and soireés. Find below shirts every woman needs -
1. Cropped Length - This cute crop adds length to your legs, depending on the crop, they can be paired with pants, your go-to casual denim or tailored shorts. If it comes in studier fabrics, you can also wear it as an open overlay over a dress or skirt. The casual flare and ease of the length will have you go for it more than a few times.
2. The Classic Kind - Mastering the art of classic shirts whether it’s a crisp white or a banker blue can be tricky with the myriad of options. You must always however look for shirts that promise comfort - find one that is professional, polished but cozy and of course utilitarian with functionality at its core. We’d recommend our classics here.
3. Comfy & Oversized - Oversized fit makes it versatile for layering and a wear-with-everything piece that can easily be dressed up or down and layered in innumerable ways. You could just as easily wear one under a V-neck knit or wool suit separately as you could under a crewneck for an elevated, meeting-ready look. Oversized silhouettes always look good paired with narrow bottoms - pencil skirts, tapered pants, skinny trousers.
4. Romantic Ruffles - Opt for these when you want to feel a little demure. We love the dainty ruffles along the collar and placket for that extra femininity. Pair them with heels, floral accessories and delicate jewelry. Browse Tora Shirts in Blue, Yellow, Red and Green.
5. Wrap-Around Shirts - Wrap shirts add structure but not completely. This silhouette cinches at the waist hugging you at all the right places. They won’t keep you limited to a specific size either, it’s easy to accommodate a couple of sizes up or down with this one.
Now that we have listed shirts your wardrobe needs, we’ll also get to where you can wear them -
a. Work - Classics are the way to go here. Opt for a standard or oversized fit in solids or stripes in cotton poplin, linen and hemp.
b. Weekend - Cropped Lengths, Oversized Silhouettes or Wrap Shirts, depending on your plan and mood, either of these could be styled with denim, linen pants or any of your go-to bottoms.
c. Dinners & Dates - Romantic Ruffles and Wrap Shirts over pencil skirts and fitted dresses will definitely stand out. Make sure to throw on comfy heels.
d. Laidback Days In - Oversized and Classic Shirts over shorts, pants or if the length allows it, you can wear them as it is. Make sure to opt for a lightweight breathable fabric that’s soft to touch - linen, organic cotton, Mul, Hemp.
e. Weddings & Cocktails - Opt for a style-heavy shirt - think embroidery, bright and bold prints or just rich textiles - silk, satin, organza and more. Tuck them in voluminous floor length skirts or in high-waisted silk pants. Add bright red lips and a statement neck-piece or earrings and you’re all set for your evening!
It’s imperative to select the right fabric when purchasing classics and essentials for every wardrobe. It’s this key factor that will determine the versatility and longevity of it. Handcrafted, artisanal and breathable fabrics include - Cotton, Linen, Silk, Hemp, Wool, Viscose, Tencel, Bamboo Fibre, Lotus Fibre and Modal. Our shirts are handcrafted using handblock prints, embroidery, ikat, tie-dye, dip dye, Bandhani and Shibori. Our sizes range from XXS going up to 6X. Along with these we offer silhouettes that come in free sizing. All our products are made-to-order, every piece comes with its unique wash care instructions. For custom orders we recommend reaching out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop our bestselling shirts for women starting at INR 1950.