Festive wear for women is all about dressing up and celebrating special occasions in style. Whether it's a wedding, a holiday party, or a cultural festival, dressing up in festive wear and meeting and greeting our loved ones is always something to look forward to. Festive wear for women encompasses a variety of styles and can range from traditional to modern, depending on the occasion and one's personal preference. For women, festive wear often includes maxi dresses, co-ords and jumpsuits in rich and luxurious fabrics. Other preferred options in festive wear for women include lehenga style maxi skirts and draped saris, for the convenience it allows the wearer.
Key pieces one must have in their wardrobe for festive occasions would include -
1. Tops & Blouses that are constructed using organza, silk and rich heavy weight cotton. Opt for handdone techniques like Bandhani, embroidery, Shibori and hand-block printing. It’s always key to select investment pieces that are timeless and last generations. Tops, blouses and kurtas for women can be styled in a multitude of ways - with maxi skirts, lehengas, they can work as sari blouses or be paired with high waisted pants constructed in silk or organza.
2. Bottoms that would include sheer organza pants, cotton pants (ones that would pair with everything) and silk pants. They come in varied silhouettes and lengths. When opting for pants - you can choose a high-waist bottom for elongated legs, gathered and pleated waists for voluminous silhouettes which can pass off as skirts too, cropped pants for when you’d like to show your ankle and add height. Straight pants in Kora cotton are a wardrobe must-have. They can be worn with almost every coloured short or long top keeping you comfy through the day.
3. Matching Sets always make-a-statement. They are even better when crafted using printed fabrics in silk for a dressier evening look. You’ll find matching co-ord kurta sets for women on Nete that can be styled the way your heart desires - formal, casual or something in the middle. Look for prints that can also be worn easily if not worn as a matching set to get maximum wears and many looks.
4. Dresses & Jumpsuits are your one-and-done solution to evening attire. It’s fuss-free, elegant and can be regal if styled up for the occasion. Silhouettes play a key role, think maxi lengths, straight fits, gathered necklines, fit and flare dresses and high leg jumpsuits. Pair them with heels, accessorize with a scarf and handbag!
5. Jewelry, Shoes & Bags are as important as your garment. They set the tone for your outfit, lift it up or dress it down. Chandelier earrings or bold chokers can elevate your look while choosing the right colour for your bag will help you decide the colour palette for your footwear and make up.
Frequently asked questions -
How can I care for fabrics like organza, silk and bandhani? You should only wash your garments if needed. Clothes last much longer when washed less - air dry it if worn for very little time. Alternatively you should dry clean your garments that use natural dyes, have hand done embroidery and constructed using mulberry silks and Chanderi silks.
How can I reuse my festive wear to get the most wears out of them? You can mix and match your tops and bottoms from different pieces in your wardrobe to give them a fresh look. Additionally you can re-dye them to change the look, patch or add new details to give it a makeover and if you’re completely done with them, you can choose to resell them on Relove, giving your clothes a second chance.